go to x-centrique.com

Recent Posts

Archives

Stalkies

i am not a mindless factory

I don't think people realize that to artists, their work is not just something "manufactured", like a factory-produced flowerpot. Artists inject parts of their soul into the works of their hands, and yes, even the corporate drivel I've been churning out has Rory-dust mixed in with the generic genius. And that's why I've been getting so frustrated with my clients who can't make their minds up about what they want and keep asking me to massacre my babies for their revisions (not my fault!). And they call females irrational!

I wonder how long I'll last in this job. Maybe I'll just move to Dubai. Hehehe...

In other news, I met this really nice guy on the train two Sundays ago (je crois qu'il n'est pas l'homme de ma vie parce qu'il manque quelques caracteristiques que sont tres importants pour moi) who just last Sunday introduced me to his Filipino-Chinese friend from Cebu and who looks a lot like Nikki, so much that I think I freaked her out by staring, looking like I'd bawl any moment. They have the same hands and the same mouth, as in their manner of speaking and smiling and laughing is uncannily similar. I had quite a time keeping my composure. Am trying to find a funny angle, but there just isn't one. *Sniffle*

I just finished watching The Pink Panther. I wonder how Jean Reno felt, being the only genuine Frenchman in the whole movie, to have his countrymen's English taken the mickey out of by people whose native language IS English... I think I enjoyed the scene of him dancing like a hussy more than a normal 21-year old should... Hehehe... I love Jean Reno. (Andie, thanks again for sharing "The Professional" all those years ago. Natalie Portman was a very lucky girl... :-D)

posted on Monday, June 26 | 2 comments
current location: