go to x-centrique.com

Recent Posts

Archives

Stalkies

battle of the chocnut

Working from home has opened up so many opportunities for me... For instance, I've finally compared the many brands of very Pinoy chocolate-peanut sweets on the market: Chocnut, Choco-star, ChocoMani, ChocoFighters, I was about to get Hany but they didn't have it at Shopwise (one of my new meccas) and Ministop puts such a big "patong" on it I didn't want to get it from there.

Anyway, the findings:
Chocnut: The original. Nice flavor. But the texture is a bit grainy, as if bits of peanut shell got thrown into the mix and got crushed up with the peanuts and chocolate. Kinda like chewing ground glass... Well, I know some people who prefer that so good for them.

Choco-star: Comparable to chocnut. Same texture. A little sweeter. Not bad.

ChocoMani: I really didn't go for the ground glass chocnut, I looked for something smoother. So I thought I liked ChocoMani. But then came the chocnut-fest. And I had the chocoMani last. Bad idea. It tasted like Chalk-o-Mani. Yech. It's a bit too milky compared to the rest and the texture... a bit chalky.

ChocoFighters: My Favorite! Smoother texture, not too sweet, just chocolatey enough. Complete with plagiarized characters (from various games I think) on each wrapper and even on the "free" pseudo-Pongs made from card.

posted on Monday, May 15 | 1 comments
current location: